Social Media Manager at NBC Universal (Orlando, FL)
Job ID: 5576BR
Plays major role in making Universal Orlando Resort a leader in the use of social media. Manages development of the company’s social media strategy, engages online and social media audiences, builds relationships with key influencers. Will also manage internal efforts around social media, ie: working with internal partners and audiences across organizational business lines.
- Develop innovative, effective, on-going social media plan/strategy across all channels of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Four Square and more) and continually update that plan/strategy and related activity based on emerging trends and opportunities. Monitor/track/interpret/leverage all social media trends.
- Directly manage company’s day-to-day social media activities, including its social media platforms. This includes planning an editorial calendar and creating content to support that calendar. Also directly engage Universal friends and fans via social media platforms, fostering conversations and relationships. Insure integration of a social media content plan with overall UOR PR plan and marketing goals. Work with relevant PR team members and outside vendors. Content should be both “outgoing” ie: editorial, images, video and “incoming” or that which is designed to promote conversation with and among various audiences.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key bloggers and other influencers. Keep updated/current lists of those influencers across multiple categories.
- Play leadership role in working with departments across the entire company on their social media needs/projects.
- Analyze/interpret results and actively “listen” to the social media community, regularly report on findings.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
BA Degree in Communications or related field.
- 5+ Years of progressive experience in a PR/Marketing environment.
- Track record of innovation and creative thinking
- Proven experience managing successful high-profile projects that involve multiple business functions.
- Proven understanding of social media and its role in business
- Proven experience managing social media campaigns and ability to apply social media/new media solutions to a business environment
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships with key social media audiences, ie: bloggers, influencers, online media.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
For immediate consideration, Apply Now!
For other great career opportunities that may be of interest to you, check out our Jobs Page.
NBCUniversal Media is an American media and entertainment company engaged in the production and marketing of entertainment, news, and information products and services to a global customer base. The company owns and operates American television networks, numerous cable channels, and a group of local stations in the United States, as well as motion picture companies, several television production companies, and branded theme parks.