Insurance Verification Specialist (Orlando, FL)
Compensation: $13.00 – $15.00/Hour
Job ID: 2679871
The Insurance Verification Specialist will be responsible for performing the appropriate processes to verify patient eligibility and benefits. The Specialist will collect insurance information via multiple methods, run test claims and complete administrative duties.
- Enter all patient insurance information onto the patient’s profile.
- Utilize initial referral form to determine if additional information will be needed in order to complete verification of benefits.
- Contact referral source, patient, and/or doctor’s office to obtain additional information that is required to complete verification of benefits.
- Verify insurance coverage of medications, administration supplies and related pharmacy services including prior authorization requirements.
- Document all insurance coverage of services to be provided. This includes coordination of benefits.
- Notify doctor’s office if a prior authorization is required. Fax prior authorization forms to the doctor’s office for completion.
- Place outbound calls to patients or doctor’s offices to notify of any delays due to more information needed to process or due to a prior authorization.
- Verbally communicate urgent orders or escalated issues to the appropriate departments.
- Effectively manage work to ensure timely delivery of the patient’s medication.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- High school education or equivalent
- 6 months – 1 year of work experience in an office environment, health care related/insurance related field or customer service industry
- Prior experience working on a computer
For immediate consideration, please email cover letter and resume to Angela Ramsay at firstname.lastname@example.org
Never miss a job posting! Subscribe to Jobtrakr to get the latest job opportunities sent to you via email.