Working with a recruiter is a great way to get a job. How do you get headhunted? Recruiters and Headhunters work for the employers, and you may think that the process of getting connected with a headhunter is difficult.
Related: Standout in a Crowded Job Market
In actuality it really isn’t, but it will take some work on your end. Most headhunters don’t accept calls from job seekers. So not only do you have to be extremely good at what you do, but you have to be visible.
Here are some ideas on getting noticed.
- Get active in your professional or trade association.
- Network at industry events and conferences.
- Write articles about subjects in your field and publish them in business journals and on websites.
- Be available for media interviews.
- Volunteer to speak at luncheons and seminars.
- Get active in a high-profile charity.
- When you accomplish anything (win an award, get promoted) make it known.
- Widen your circle of acquaintances, both personal and professional.