Business Analyst at Orange County Clerk of Courts (Orlando, FL)
Compensation: $20.37 – $34.07/ per hour
As a Business Analyst, you will work with the business units to manage, maintain and enhance processes and applications and become a Subject Matter Expert in one or more applications and their use in associated business processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Acts as a business relationship partner.
- Works with operations and support services divisions to gather, prioritize and document business requirements and legislative/Judicial requirements and timelines. Translate these into functional specifications for technology development and delivery.
- Assists in development of application roadmaps which include new functionality, maintenance releases, retirement, etc.
- Works closely with IT Management team, performs feasibility analysis (cost/benefit/risk), determines project resource and cost estimates, identifies dependencies, develops high-level project plan.
- Continually looks for ways to optimize application use while automating and enhancing business processes.
- Analyzes application release documentation, supports releases for a group of business systems based on business needs.
- Participates and facilitates internal application user groups as appropriate.
- Coordinate and communicate with vendors to define functional solutions and support, leverages participation in appropriate vendor user groups.
- Oversees project execution, resolves issues, and mitigates risks.
- May oversee resolution of significant production issues.
- Maintains on-going communication with business units on defects and enhancements.
- Responsible for executing quality management processes through all phases.
- Assists users with their test plans and scenarios.
- In conjunction with Project Managers, ensure business partners are documenting new processes and training staff.
- Partner with Project Managers to deliver on-time, on-budget and with high quality.
- Acts as IT project manager for small/medium scope projects.
- Fully support the Clerk’s Quality Policy and standards of Performance Excellence by delivery exemplary services to both internal and external customers. Provide the utmost in customer service efficiently, effectively, and expeditiously.
- Continuously strive to instill Performance Excellence in all functions within the Division through teamwork, customer feedback, and process based management.
- Fosters a productive work environment which elicits the utmost from co-workers and subordinates and promotes a process of continual improvement in both quality and productivity throughout the organization.
- Communicates with management, co-workers, staff, and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
Acts, dresses, and behaves in a professional manner to reflect a positive image of the court.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Demonstrated experience in requirements gathering and analysis; assessment of impact on current business processes.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively translating requirements into system functionality.
- Demonstrated experience in production of project documentation, including charters, scope documents, systems specifications, test plans.
- Experience in implementation and integration of vendor developed applications.
- Process improvement methodologies; lean, six sigma.
- Financial analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in project management; experience applying PMI methodology.
- Project development life cycle; ability to develop and execute technical project plans.
- Ability to think strategically as it relates between information technology and business units.
- Knowledge of one or more key Court applications – Odyssey, ECF, MUNIS (Preferred).
- Knowledge of key technologies – document management, imaging, test management tools, web/SharePoint, payment processing, security, and privacy management.
- Analysis of regulatory requirements to determine technology impacts – PCI, SOX, legislative and judicial.
- Work and produce deliverables under tight deadlines.
- Be a team player who enjoys working with others in an effective and cooperative manner.
Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Make sound, independent judgments. Possess problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills and ability to effectively communicate technical ideas, solutions, and proposals to a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements:
- This position requires the ability to work with a personal computer in a Windows environment.
- Must process strong working knowledge in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), Test management tools and MS Project.
A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Management Information Technology or Business Management related field plus 5+ years’ experience in Information Systems and 3+ years’ experience in Business Analysis and Project Management.
For immediate consideration, Apply Now!
For other great career opportunities that may be of interest to you, check out our Jobs Page.