Job Opportunity: Continuous Improvement Specialist at Nemours (Orlando, FL)
Job ID: 3225
The Continuous Improvement Specialist II provides continuous improvement support to Nemours by functioning as an educator, analyst, facilitator, consultant and/or project manager as required. This individual will work throughout the system with a broad range of stakeholder groups to leverage benchmarking and best practices to improve labor, supply and space utilization, support associate engagement and promote a patient and family focus.
- Facilitates, guides and supports enterprise, departmental, or cross-departmental continuous improvement work as directed by executive leadership. This encompasses preparation and planning for workshops and value stream/model lines, implementation, and periodic audits of the work completed.
- Participates in tactical planning for the continuous improvement work to be done in concert with Nemours leadership. Develops, maintains and revises work plans as appropriate. Monitors outcomes. Integrates work with other departmental initiatives and revises as needed.
- Contributes to the development and promotion of standard work across the organization.
- Researches and identifies relative benchmarks to be used in the establishment of daily management measures to ensure compliance and improvement of standard work.
- Assists Nemours leadership to develop proficiency in continuous improvement methodologies and approaches. Provides formal continuous improvement training as well as serving as an educational resource and consultant.
- Uses knowledge of waste elimination tools and techniques to identify clinical and operational opportunities for improvement. (Especially the 7 healthcare flows)
- Serves as a preceptor resource for Nemours Continuous Improvement Specialist I’s.
- Assists in the development and refinement of Continuous Improvement training programs and materials.
- Assures adherence to Continuous Improvement standards and methodologies across the enterprise.
- Demonstrate the ability to challenge the status-quo and encourage break-through thinking to ensure Continuous Improvement principles are implemented in a manner that supports patient and family centered care.
- Facilitates model line work and value stream mapping.
- Coach “A3 Thinking”.
The ideal candidate is required to have a Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of direct experience in LEAN facilitation, including value streams and LEAN management systems.
- Ability to handle various tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to use tact, judgment and diplomacy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to facilitate a team to defined outcomes in a timely manner.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and execute.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to coach and provide feedback.
- Project management skills.
- Understands importance of “go and see” and 3A actual work.
For immediate consideration, Apply Now!
For other great career opportunities that may be of interest to you, check out our Jobs Page.