Program Manager at MILVETS (Orlando, FL)
Reports to: President
Starting Salary: To be Negotiated
Position Type: 1099 Consultant to Permanent*
This position requires the ability to understand and meet customer requirements, coordinate all internal and external resources to develop solutions, and to manage the overall delivery of contracted services. The Program Manager (PM) provides management for MILVETS’ technical, schedule, and budget performance; establishes milestones, performance metrics, and evaluation controls to monitor adherence to program master plans and schedules; and develops evaluation and control metrics and their associated reports. The PM ensures that all contract commitments are met, manages both MILVETS and subcontractor assets, and is responsible for maintaining a strong customer relationship.
- Manages and directs the daily execution of a large scale program within contract requirements to assure that cost, schedules, and performance goals are met.
- Manages field site support personnel.
- Leads all meetings and the integrated product team (kick-off through project close).
- Represents management at program reviews, meetings, seminars, etc.
- Prepares for and participates in contract/subcontract negotiations; executes contracts/subcontracts.
- Allocates and controls contract budgets for labor, material, travel, and purchased services.
- Reports program status to senior management on a monthly basis.
- Formally identifies, assesses, monitors and mitigates risk throughout the program life cycle.
- Develops and implements corrective action plans when deviations from budgets and/or schedules are evident.
- Serves as the primary interface with the customer on all matters involving contract execution.
- Assures contract requirements are executed in accordance with appropriate regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for managing engineering project team.
- Provides leadership to program team; assures communication and cooperation among team members and resolves areas of conflict.
- Coordinates activities that support the provisioning, design, installation, maintenance, and billing of services.
- Develops and executes program corrective action strategies.
- Business or Engineering bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant program/project management experience.
- DoD Secret clearance (required).
- Current Program Management Professional (PMP) certification or Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DWAWIA) Level III.
- Has demonstrated experience in managing a project team of similar size and scope.
- History of achieving planned program/project milestones and deliverables.
- Recent experience managing Firm-Fixed-Price contracts.
- Subcontract management experience.
- Experience in finance, contracting, engineering, logistics, and supply chain management.
- Excellent customer interface, problem solving, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated success in managing manpower planning, project reviews, scheduling, and budget control.
- Proficient level with MS Office including Word, Excel, and Project.
This is a 1099 consultant temporary position that could lead to direct placement positions at Cape Canaveral/Patrick Air force Base upon contract award.
For immediate consideration, please email resume and cover letter to Jason Middleton at email@example.com and mention you saw this posting on Jobtrakr.
For other great career opportunities that may be of interest to you, check out our Jobs Page.