Deputy Systems Engineer at MILVETS (Orlando, FL)
Reports to: Chief Systems Engineer
Starting Salary: To be Negotiated
Position Type: 1099 Consultant to Permanent*
The Deputy Systems Engineer supports the Chief Systems Engineer at Patrick AFB and Cape Canaveral AFS.
- Supports the Chief Systems Engineer in formulating requirements, pursuing viable alternative approaches, and conducting/evaluating feasibility studies; leads the integration of requirements, design, risk mitigation, and technology of complex systems.
- Supports the Chief Systems Engineer in providing guidance and support to ensure a seamless incorporation of new plans, designs, and systems into ongoing operations.
- Supports the Chief Systems Engineer in guiding technical staff; participates in developing technical documentation associated with results analysis and risk mitigation.
- Supports the Chief Systems Engineer to manage the development and changes for the Integrated Master Plan (IMP) and Integrated Master Schedule (IMS); coordinates system development tasks to include design, integration, and formal testing.
- Oversees transitions and integration.
- Develops and completes actions in system specifications, technical and logistical requirements, and other disciplines.
- Creates and maintains programmatic and technical documentation to ensure efficient planning and execution.
- Manages and documents system configurations.
- Oversees the installation and integration of Mission Transport and Mission Range Interface Units (RIUs).
- Manages the integration of the Hybrid RIUs.
- Manages Dry Run Developmental Test & Evaluation (DT&E) and Testing.
Experience and Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience of LTRS integration, migration, and testing with responsibility for overall design execution.
- Strong coordination, organization, teaming, and communication abilities.
- Effectively directs employees.
- Successfully presents technical information.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an International Council of Systems Engineering (INCOSE) Certified Systems Engineer or industry equivalent
- Currently possess a TS/SCI clearance security (desired).
This is a 1099 consultant temporary position that could lead to direct placement positions at Cape Canaveral/Patrick Air force Base upon contract award.
For immediate consideration, please email resume and cover letter to Jason Middleton at email@example.com and mention you saw this posting on Jobtrakr.
For other great career opportunities that may be of interest to you, check out our Jobs Page.