Job Opportunity: Chief Systems Engineer at MILVETS (Orlando, FL)
Reports to: Program Manager
Starting Salary: To be Negotiated
Position Type: 1099 Consultant to Permanent*
The Chief Systems Engineer serves in the key Engineering role at Patrick AFB and Cape Canaveral AFS.
The position encompasses systems engineering planning, modeling and coordination, prototype development and capability enhancement, information security, analysis, systems administration, support for project operations and management, and support for logistics management and procurement requirements.
- Provides guidance and support to technical and program requirements.
- Provides senior engineering technical guidance and leadership of analysis and development teams.
- Guides users and team members for formulating requirements, pursuing viable alternative approaches, and conducting/evaluating feasibility studies; leads the integration of requirements, design, risk mitigation, and technology of complex systems.
- Provides guidance and support to ensure a seamless incorporation of new plans, designs, and systems into ongoing operations.
- Guides and participates in developing technical documentation associated with results analysis and risk mitigation.
- Guides the implementation of and adherence to the C4ISR/DoDAF process and Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMi) best practices.
- Manages the development and changes for the Integrated Master Plan (IMP) and Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
- Manages the system engineering activities to ensure that the design meets requirements.
- Oversees the development of the Certification and Accreditation (C&A) package for the modernized Communication Subsystems (CMSS)
Experience and Credentials
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Engineering with at least 10 years’ experience as an International Council of System Engineering (INCOSE) certified systems engineer or industry experience.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience as a system engineer in programs that encompassed systems architecture, requirements analysis, design, production, integration, test and transition into operations.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience on the Eastern Range.
- A Minimum of 5 years system engineering experience in an intelligence community environment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and MS Project.
- Currently possess a TS/SCI clearance security.
- Excellent communication and customer skills (both verbal and written).
This is a 1099 consultant temporary position that could lead to direct placement positions at Cape Canaveral/Patrick Air force Base upon contract award.
For immediate consideration, please email resume and cover letter to Jason Middleton at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention you saw this posting on Jobtrakr.
For other great career opportunities that may be of interest to you, check out our Jobs Page.