- After making his rediculous statements over the weekend about “legitimate” rape, Rep. Todd Akin defied the nation’s top Republicans and is pressing forward with his senate bid.
- The porn industry is shutting things down for a bit after cases of syphilis have been reported among actors. The outbreak is adding to the pressure on porn producers to require the use of condoms on sets.
- Heading into the conventions, a new NBC poll shows President Obama hanging on with a slight lead over Mitt Romney.
- A tropical depression in the Atlantic has turned into Tropical Storm Isaac. The storm is 503 miles east of Guadeloupe and is expected to strengthen over the next two days.
- This is the one list you probably don’t want your car to end up on. If you own a 1994 Honda Accord it is the vehicle thieves are most likely to target, according to a new study released by the National Insurance Crime Bureau.
We certainly didn’t see this one coming. Avril Lavigne is engaged to Nickleback frontman Chad Kroeger. The couple had been dating for six months. This will be Lavigne’s second marriage and Kroeger’s first.