- Rather than trying to predict when a crime will occur, a new algorithim looks to predict where it will happen via mobile devices.
- Be careful what you discuss on your cell phones. A federal appeals court ruled Tuesday that it is ok to wiretap without a warrant.
- Not sure if this is what the authors of the Bill of Rights had in mind, but Facebook says “Likes” are a form of free speech. This comes after a deputy sheriff lost his job after he ‘Liked’ the Facebook campaign page of his boss’s rival.
- It has been scientifically proven that sarcasm is hard to communicate via email. Five experiments suggest that sarcasm is often underappreciated. People tend to believe that they can communicate over e-mail more effectively than they actually can.
- Facebook is getting into gambling business. Only in the U.K., Facebook will allow British users of legal age to play a new bingo game with real money.
Lingerie or bikini photos of Victoria’s Secret model Miranda Kerr are about as common as, well pretty much anything. Rare nude photos of the Australian model have surfaced online. The photos were shot by French fashion photographer, Laurent Darmon.