- Twitter is now in the business of saving lives. An Arizona State University doctoral student with Stage 4 colon cancer who ran out of insurance money to cover his treatment decided he had nothing to lose by tweeting the CEO of his health insurance company and asking for help. After two days of conversations, the CEO covered every last penny of his healthcare expenses.
- In the wake of growing tensions in Syria, former U.N. secretary general Kofi Annan said Thursday he will quit his high-profile role as special envoy to Syria at the end of the month.
- The Michael Phelps is era is coming to an end. He will swim the last race of his storied career today at the London Olympics.
- Kenosha Beef International Ltd. is recalling nearly 19 tons of frozen bacon-cheeseburger patties because they may contain pieces of gasket material.
- If having a variety of restaurants in your next city is important to you, consider moving to San Francisco. San Francisco restaurants outnumber every other city in America.
Forbes has compiled its first list of the 10 highest paid DJs over the past 12 months. Jersey Shore standout DJ Pauly D came in at #7 and raked in over $11 million.