- Rich men really could care less about you. When surveyed, only 3 out of 10 agreed with the statement that inequality is a problem. On the other hand, 40% of rich women shared the same sentiments. Survey conducted by Spectrem Group.
- According to a recent article published by Fortune, the top two oil companies, Royal Dutch Shell and ExxonMobil, earned $160,000 per minute! In addition, they paid one of the lowest tax rates.
- Researchers from Ohio State University found that exposure to dim light from things like a computer, TV, or nightlight while you sleep may cause depression.
- Fail Whale: Yesterday’s Twitter outage was blamed on the Olympics. Specifically the build up on the eve of the opening night. Not sure if anyone is buying that.
- A recent study conducted by researchers at Florida State University, found having two apples a day could help protect women against heart disease by cutting their cholesterol levels.
Kate Hudson has been tapped to be the face of Ann Taylor for their Fall 2012 campaign. This is a history making event as she is the first celebrity selected for three consecutive ad campaigns with Ann Taylor.