- News sharing site Digg was purchased by Betaworks for a reported $500,000. At its peak, Digg raised more than $40 million from investors. Clearly a disappointing end to a pre-Facebook tech darling.
- It turns out that those fancy Ralph Lauren Olympic uniforms for team U.S.A. were actually made in China, and that has a whole lot of people angry considering these are manufacturing jobs that could have been gone to Americans that are out of work.
- A North Carolina teacher is enjoying some time behind bars after hosting a booze party for her students at her house.
- The Oracle has spoken. Warren Buffet aka The Oracle of Omaha , recently spoke on the current U.S. economic climate. Buffet said the economy is slowing, but housing is starting to pick up.
- Baton Rouge, LA probably isn’t the place where you want to get into a car accident. A Baton Rouge police offer was caught on tape stealing an iPhone from the scene of an accident. The original owner found out about the theft after tracking software discovered that the name on the phone was changed to the police officer who stole the phone.
According to several reports, Atlanta Housewife NeNe Leakes, may be getting kicked off the show after she allegedly struck a producer in the face. The Bravo network has a No Violence Toward The Crew policy.