- A new study published on LiveScience revealed that Drinking coffee with caffeine may reduce the risk of basal cell carcinoma, the most common form of skin cancer.
- Ever find yourself traveling to space and not sure what to serve after a space walk? Not to worry, NASA has just released An Astronauts Guide to Space Etiquette. For the record, you serve beverages in a “zero-g” cup.
- Pharmaceutical giant GlaxoSmithKline was fined $3 billion in the U.S. GSK is alleged to have marketed drugs not authorized for use and for holding back safety data. All of this while cheating the U.S. Medicaid program.
- A fascinating list of the 10 companies with the biggest political contributions was released. Coming in at #1 was Las Vegas Sands Corp with $11,738,600 in political donations just in 2012 alone!
- If you want to reduce your risk of diabetes, a daily walk just might be the ticket reports the Diabetes Care journal.
You’ve probably heard by now that Anderson Cooper has come out and revealed that he is gay. But why now? According to an email that he sent to writer Andrew Sullivan, Cooper revealed that by remaining silent about his personal life it gave the impression that he was trying to hide something - something that makes him uncomfortable or ashamed. Which he said was not the case.